Monday, August 23, 2010

Ok...so now what?

 Dear reader......,
Is this how I should refer to all my non-existent followers who all dutifully read my blog? How else would I start this? Maybe "Dear PC" (referring to the library computer on which I am typing on) could suffice. In that case, I should just type "Dear piece of crap, I hate how you expect me to search the web in 45 measly minutes, please stop trying to kick me off your keyboard". That could work too. How does one blog? What I had in mind was that I would be able to rant as much as my little heart desires with out anybody telling me otherwise. But after actually taking action and starting a blog, I found that I do not like 3 things.
 1) The dreadful feeling that somebody is going to read this and think "What the hell is this chick talking about, get a life." What would be worse is if they actually make one of those comments that will most likely drag my self confidence down the pit of despair. So to any of the potential Debby Downers- shut it and keep it to yourself, if you don't like what I'm writing then stop reading.
2) Grammar. I never liked it, probably never will. if it would please you, i would much rather write in all lower case, or maybe BE ALITTLE CRAZY AND TYPE IN ALL UPPER CASE. But that just might blow some people off they're rockers so we'll keep it traditional. Also, commas, periods, apostrophes and spelling all are annoying and very inconvenient. I can tell you that I am one of the worlds worst spellers so please do not take offense. I take all the blame, considering how I probably should of been paying attention in English class during those dull grammar lessons instead of doing my math homework. Sorry Mum and Dad, but I guarantee that after you have paid for those 4 brilliant years of college and SAT tutors, I will still spell "freinds" with the e before the i. That's what spell check has done to my generation.
3) I did a little research and looked at some of the worlds top bloggers. Here is what I have to say about the topic; I am not a top blogger.  I am just a teenager, who has thoughts and reads to much and dreams to big. Sorry to disappoint (and if you are disappointed, please kindly re-read number 1). So I am not going to lie; I am a bit intimidated and overwhelmed. Bear with me.

  So yeah, I am proud to present to you my first post. Will this seemingly crazy idea work? Probably not. Will I get bored of this in a week? Maybe but as of now I am thoroughly engaged at the task at hand. Will anybody read this? If I'm lucky then my mom will. Will I have fun doing it? Most definitely. So, dear reader, welcome to my documentation of observation.
      (And by the way, after using the oh so wonderful spell check, I found 34 mis-spellings and grammatical errors. Lovely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment